I'd like to share a few tips I have picked up over the last couple of weeks and I would love if you all would share some of yours!
- Read the syllabus for each course very THOROUGHLY (most answers to any question you may have about the class can be found in it)
- Write down all due dates for assignments, tests and quizzes in your calendar or smartphone so you never miss any items
- Visit Blackboard every day to check for messages or updates from your classmates or professor
- If you know you are going on vacation, plan ahead and complete your assignment (s) before you leave-you may not have adequate wifi or a computer while on a trip
- Do not overwhelm yourself, if all tests are open, take one every two weeks, do not wait until the last week of class
- Read the textbook and utilize the notes or slides the professor provides
- Pat yourself on the back-you are a hardworking adult student!
So, to my fellow online Tarleton classmates, I tip my hat. To those of you unsure about beginning or completing an online degree as a working adult, just do it, we know you can!
Want to begin that graduate degree? Click here! Finally ready to complete your bachelor's? Click here!